The Grade 3 trip on the Mohaka River is a full day event. This trip allows you to get out into New Zealand’s backcountry to experience fun whitewater and amazing scenery. Recommended for those 12 and older.
The cost is $165 NZDBook Online
What to Expect
- Trip begins at our base at 930am
- Shuttles to and from river in our bus
- Grade 3 rapids
- Swimming opportunities
- Amazing scenery
- Cliff jumping (by choice)
- About 4 hours on the water (trip length will vary with water levels and group sizes)
- Trip ends at our base around 4-6pm (depending on water levels)
It starts with easy to navigate grade 2 rapids, and a number of short flat-water sections. For first time rafters, this is a great chance to get comfortable and familiar with paddling before challenging some of the larger rapids on the run. Our guests find the progression from small to large rapids is perfect for building confidence and practicing for the adventure ahead. This section has a number of opportunities to get out of the raft and explore the surroundings.
You can jump off a cliff or check out some neat rock formations. Don’t worry if you are scared of heights, these are challenge by choice activities. Getting into the wild of New Zealand has its benefits. Animal and bird sightings
are common along the river. Rare Blue Ducks (Whio) have been spotted on this section of the Mohaka.
You need to bring:
- A light lunch
- Clothes to change into after trip
- Any medication you might need (Please tell us about medical conditions that may arise during the trip)
- River gear (helmet, life jacket, fleece, splash jacket, wetsuit and river shoes)
- Photos of your trip
- Waterproof containers for your lunch and medication
For more information, please contact us.