The Grade 2 trip on the Mohaka River is a half day event. This trip allows you to experience a seldom traveled New Zealand river gorge without the commitment of a full day trip. Experience gentle whitewater, pleasant places to swim and float as you take in the scenery. Recommended for those 5 and older. This trip is designed for young families and those that wish to sit back and relax. There are only very small rapids on this section.
The cost is $115 NZD, and $95 for children under 12.Book Online
What to Expect
- Trips begin at our base at 900am (different start time can be arranged)
- Shuttles to and from river in our bus
- Grade 2 rapids
- Swimming opportunities
- Amazing scenery
- About 2 hours on the water (trip length will vary with water levels and group sizes)
- Trip ends at our base around 1pm
The Grade 2 Mohaka trip is a great introduction to whitewater rafting. It features smaller rapids that are easy to navigate by raft or inflatable kayak. The scenery consists of gorges, forests and farms.
It offers guests the opportunity to paddle, float, swim and enjoy their surroundings. If desired, guests can bring a light lunch to snack on during the trip.
You need to bring:
- A light snack
- Clothes to change into after trip
- Any medication you might need (Please tell us about medical conditions that may arise during the trip)
- River gear (helmet, life jacket, fleece, splash jacket, wetsuit and river shoes)
- Photos of your trip
- Waterproof containers for your snack and medication
For more information, please contact us.